CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A New Beginning...Again....


A new Beginning again for us, who knew that when we moved up here to NH 2 years ago it would be a short stay. I guess everything happens for a reason, I learned my lesson that the grass really isn't always greener on the other side.
2 weeks from today we will be loading our budget truck and moving back to my hometown in KY. I have been living here in the granite state for 2 years. I have to say it has been a bittersweet time for us. It is a BEAUTIFUL area of the country, especially this time of year. The Fall foliage is vibrant right now, and at times it looks like the side of the road is on fire.
Once fall has come and gone though and winter shows its ugly teeth here you are in for a very LONG ride. Last year we got over 100 inches of snow!! I had never seen so much snow in my life. Our son Garrett loved it, his sister Isabelle was much too small last winter to even know what snow was. It starts around the end of November and drags on until APRIL....I kid you not.....
It is a beautiful sight nonetheless, just a little annoying after months and months of not really being able to go outside with the kids. The other down side is it gets dark at 4:30 during the winter months, try taking care of a 5 year old who has more energy then he knows what to do with indoors for 5 months.
Another key issue is that ALL my family is in Ky, including my 2 younger sisters. I have missed them soo much, it will be wonderful having then back in my life full time. I feel like I have missed out on so much, it has been rough for me up here in NH. I don't think it was intentional by anyone, but I have never really felt like I fit in with this area. Living in the North is definitely different then living in the South I don't know maybe I am paranoid, or maybe I am trying to make excuses as to why I have missed my family so much. Either way, in just a few days we will be loading our truck and hitting the road.
Aside from the Beauty that the New England area is, we are moving back to my Southern Home and I couldn't be happier!
Winter Pictures of New Hampshire

1 comments:

Karin said...

I just clicked Next Blog on my own blog and found yours. I love your window shot! My daughter loves pictures of windows.

I remember the winters down east. We lived in MA and CT during my hubby's studies. I didn't know that snow could be that heavy. We have fluffy, light snow up here in Alberta, Canada.

We've also lived in KY during my hubby's sabbatical ~ A year and a half in Louisville. What an awesome time we had everywhere we've lived.

I found that wherever we lived over the years, if I took my great, positive attitude with me, it was half the battle to adjust to the new surroundings. I was told that New Englanders are hard to get to know. Well guess what, we're still in touch with those warm, wonderful people many, many years later. I thank God for all these different life experiences. HE has used each one to make me into the woman HE is still working on.

I have no idea why I'm writing you all this, but I feel that that's what the Lord wanted me to do just now.

God bless you and give you a deep sense of joy and excitement in your new home - even if all is not yet the way you want it. It will be beautiful when you are finished with it.

God bless you Kentucky Momma!